Will Summertime Military Camp Brand My Kids Rich?

Will Summertime Military Camp Brand My Kids Rich?

Paul Krugman, commenting on my mankiw/files/defending_the_one_percent_0.pdf">recent article, thinks it is noteworthy that the rich convey increased their spending on kid enrichment programs.  To me, that is non a surprise.  The incomes of the rich convey risen, as well as this category of spending, similar many others, has a positive income elasticity.

I am a parent of three, as well as equally far equally I know, Paul does non convey whatever children.  So I convey in all probability spent a lot to a greater extent than on this category than he has.  And I tin study that much of it is consumption, non investment.

H5N1 majority I in all probability should convey cited inwards my article is Judith Harris's The Nurture Assumption.  The principal thesis of this great book is that, beyond genes, parents thing far less than nigh people think.  Raising 3 children has made me appreciate Harris's conclusion.  It is frustrating how piffling influence nosotros parents have.

I convey a friend whose project it is to propose families of extreme wealth.  She is ofttimes asked how to heighten successful children who know they are going to inherit gobs of money.  It is all besides mutual to come across kids raised inwards this surround becoming ne'er create wells.  Her advice: Make certain they acquire a summertime job.  Rather than spending coin on enrichment activities, convey them larn what it is similar to earn a living.
Sumber https://gregmankiw.blogspot.com/
Blogger
Disqus
Pilih Sistem Komentar

No comments

Advertiser