Writing Compactly

Writing Compactly

A correspondent sends a suggested edit of a business office of my writing tips for PhD students

With markup

Keep it short

Keep the newspaper every bit curt every bit possible. Be concise. Every give-and-take must count. As yous edit the paper enquire yourself constantly, “can I brand the same my point inwards less space?” together with “Do Must I really accept to enjoin this?” Final papers should locomote no to a greater extent than than  under 40 pages, drafts should be shorter. (Do every bit I say, non every bit I do!) Shorter is better.
 
Clean: 

Keep it short

Be concise. Every give-and-take must count. As yous edit, enquire yourself, “can I brand my quest inwards less space?” together with “must enjoin this?” Final papers should locomote nether forty pages, drafts shorter.  Shorter is better.

Well, I did enjoin "do every bit I say, don't produce every bit I do!" 
Blogger
Disqus
Pilih Sistem Komentar

No comments

Advertiser